Friday, January 12, 2007

New Years Resolutions...

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no ones definition of your life; define yourself." Harvey Fierstein.



My favorite quote. I was thinking last night that I need a New Years resolution. Besides the obvious things like stop my bad habits, eat better, exercise more, study harder, I wanted a resolution that would mean something to me. I thought over the past year and thought of the areas that were trouble for me. Such areas were being silenced, being a victim, and allowing other people to dictate my actions. So basically, the exact opposite of the quote. It made sense for my resolution to be live by that quote. I'm learning to live for myself, not others; not allow people to silence me; not doing what other people think I should do. I'm tired of being pushed around and its time to take action!! Jamie's Resolution for 2007: not allowing myself to be silenced, never allowing myself to become a victim, and not accepting other people's definition of my life, but defining myself.

Song of the Week: A Day to be Alone - One Less Reason



 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jamie girl - we need a neew post from you! how are you? how's school? how's your new years resolution. hope your good! bless you girlie!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home